People just bore me

All other rants about why you hate people.

People just bore me

Postby lil_ms_misanthrope » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:21 pm

There's only soo much I can stand of most people I kno. Its like I feel this need to disappear from their lives the moment things get too dull. It might have something to do with the fact that I moved around quite alot as a kid so I'v never really had a 'lifelong' friend. And now that I'm in uni all I can do is think of ways to disassociate myself from my friends the moment I'm out. I'm getting bored already...
lil_ms_misanthrope

Re: People just bore me

Postby viruseswithlegs » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:05 am

I suggest heading to the school library and befriending a long-dead author. They're the best friends you'll ever have.
"Not to be absolutely certain is, I think, one of the essential things in rationality." -- Bertrand Russell
viruseswithlegs

Postby omac » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 am

lil_ms_misanthrope wrote:There's only soo much I can stand of most people I kno. Its like I feel this need to disappear from their lives the moment things get too dull. It might have something to do with the fact that I moved around quite alot as a kid so I'v never really had a 'lifelong' friend. And now that I'm in uni all I can do is think of ways to disassociate myself from my friends the moment I'm out. I'm getting bored already...

I agree with you on every level. I even get bored with good friends I have had for ages. If it's not exciting all the time, I want out asap.
omac

Postby PeopleRfilth » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 am

I'm the exact same way, and I also moved around a lot as a kid. I wondered if never having a real connection to anyone through my childhood is what makes me so bored with people so quickly...

But I do have a couple of very good friends in my life who I don't really get bored of talking to no matter what we're doing. So it makes me wonder if it's me, or if it's really everyone else... I'm thinking it's everyone else.
PeopleRfilth

Postby GeekDog » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:34 am

viruseswithlegs wrote:I suggest heading to the school library and befriending a long-dead author. They're the best friends you'll ever have.

This is probably the best advice ever offered. I completely agree with it. Open yourself to the realm of books - they never bore and never disappoint. I also realise that the moment I open up a book, people tend not to disturb me with idle chatter. Listen to music, read a book, surf the net and enjoy the company of solitude.
GeekDog

Postby WIHP » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:34 am

I find it interesting that the general definition of "friendship" in this thread is "someone that doesn't bore you". You want someone to spice up your already dull life for you, otherwise they're not worth having around. What you are describing are shallow acquaintances not friends.
~ There is a little truth in all humor.
WIHP
Site Admin

Postby PenetratingThursday » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:33 pm

I agree with Why I Hate People.
Freindship means you share life with and support eachother, in exiting and boring times.
But my one complaint is that most people are really superficial; It would be nice if everyone had an inquiring mind like Socrates. With intellectual conversation, I can never be bored.
"Narrow minds devoid of imagination. Intolerance, theories cut off from reality, empty terminology, usurped ideals, inflexible systems.Those are the things that really frighten me."~Murakami
PenetratingThursday

Postby The_Demon_Simmons » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:57 pm

I have the same problem, that's why I spend every day during lunch in the library, reading or working on a project. Hasn't bored me yet.
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
-Gene Simmons
The_Demon_Simmons

Postby lil_ms_misanthrope » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:45 am

PeopleRfilth wrote:I'm the exact same way, and I also moved around a lot as a kid. I wondered if never having a real connection to anyone through my childhood is what makes me so bored with people so quickly...

But I do have a couple of very good friends in my life who I don't really get bored of talking to no matter what we're doing...

My life in a nutshell. I also have a handful of really close friends who I'll never get bored of but I feel as though 99.999% of people just wouldn't get along with me. EIther I'll find them too dull or vice versa. And Why I HAte People, I guess ur right, the majority of people in my life have been shallow acquaintances and I've never had the time (or interest) to turn them into something more.

What's worse is that everyone in university, especially in my course, seems to gel together well and sometimes it makes me wonder if I'm the bore. I suppose books and work are best solutions, at least I'll feel more productive. I've truly had enough of wasting brain power on people who are simply not worth my time.
lil_ms_misanthrope

Postby ManyBeforeUs » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:18 am

I hate to say it but it is probably you. I have a close circle of friends...not that they all know each other... well, friends of other circles whom which i trust only the one. I always make them do things. otherwise they'll just sit there and rot. you also have to find a hobby.... not a lifelong hobby, but a "temp hobby". so when you get bored of first hobby it won't be too discouraging to jump into another. I call it "dabbling"... which makes me a "dabbler" because thats my life. when i find out how something works and run out of different ways to use it, i lose interest. gotta keep learning new shit. or....... you could get a shit ton of drugs and use them with your friends...... maybe you wont find them soo boring after you all trip together???....
your family deserves death. you deserve to live with the pain.
ManyBeforeUs

Postby Hidden_From_View » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:34 pm

i havent really found anyone yet i can fully relate too, someone i can talk to about things i actually care about
people are just so thick that they fund enjoyment in stuff that is either stupid, boring, or just lame really
Hidden_From_View

Postby The_Demon_Simmons » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Hidden_From_View wrote:people are just so thick that they find enjoyment in stuff that is either stupid, boring, or just lame really

...twilight...
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
-Gene Simmons
The_Demon_Simmons

Postby CrittersKnowBest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:04 pm

:?

I can relate lil_ms_misanthrope. I too moved around a lot as a child. I don't realize that people get on my nerves until, bamm, I suddenly "hate" the human race. PMS, of course enters into it at times; but it's more of a pattern for me. It's very frustrating and confusing. I feel like I'm a snob, but then I am a people-pleaser and very sensitive too. I don't, however, feel that I am better than anybody else. Isn't that what a snob is? I do have my critters, which makes me "look" even wierder, but at times I get lonely for people. Ugh, I could go on, but I don't want to get too intense about the whole thing!
“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't mind.” Dr. Seuss
CrittersKnowBest

Postby CrittersKnowBest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm

"My life in a nutshell. I also have a handful of really close friends who I'll never get bored of but I feel as though 99.999% of people just wouldn't get along with me. EIther I'll find them too dull or vice versa. And Why I HAte People, I guess ur right, the majority of people in my life have been shallow acquaintances and I've never had the time (or interest) to turn them into something more.

What's worse is that everyone in university, especially in my course, seems to gel together well and sometimes it makes me wonder if I'm the bore. I suppose books and work are best solutions, at least I'll feel more productive. I've truly had enough of wasting brain power on people who are simply not worth my time".

Me too. Sometimes I feel like I definititely missed the figurative boat on navigating the social waters of life. It's like everybody was given the "key" to social adeptness except for me. I'm so glad I found this site!
“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't mind.” Dr. Seuss
CrittersKnowBest

Postby Squall » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 pm

I'm in not an exact situation but similar. My friends insted of dull are moraless douchebags. I'm also in a serious relationship which is a great refuge from their obnoxious presence. So also being in a situation where I want to escape from my "friends" I suggest maybe trying to find a boyfriend/girlfriend. But if you hate your friends you should look for someone the polar opposite from them. I also moved around slot as a kid and never had what you put as a lifelong friend and to be honest that will really hinder your ability to make new relationships, platonic or not. Just keep looking for that right group of people, and get used to trial and error. Also smoke some weed.
Squall

Next

Return to All Other Rants