I come from a race of ingrates

All other rants about why you hate people.

I come from a race of ingrates

Postby AvoidToTheCore » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 pm

I hail from a race of ingrates, hail ingrates! I'm black American. I belong to an ungrateful group of people.

TV

Put on a Latin channel, no black people. Once in a while, a black person playing the role of a maid or a criminal. This is in spite of the fact that there are tons of black people in Latin America. Maybe not Mexico but certainly Cuba (45%) and Brazil (48%) and Panama (90%). In the US, black people are only 13% of the population, but they're on every channel, not just trashy shows like Maury but classy shows like Family Feud and MSNBC. There are three black channels, BET, TV One and something else. Plus Oprah, the world's richest woman, has OWN.

Politics

The president is a mulatto black and the first lady is fully black. There are black mayors and senators elected from white areas, such as Virginia's Douglas Wilder. There are black scholars galore like Cornel West and Henry Louis Gates, Jr. who get paid to whine. There are respectable ones too like Orlando Patterson and Thomas Sowell.

Sports

In Europe you have Hooligans throwing banana peels at soccer players. That never happens in the US. The black soccer players are respected just as much as the white ones. For this reason, I'm proud to call myself an American.

I could go on and on but you get the picture. The Civil Rights Movement is responsible for a huge change in the consciousness of the American people in the course of a single generation.

You would think black people would be jumping for joy, especially with all the resources and opportunities like affirmative action, but no. You would think they would insist on calling themselves simply American not African American. Instead they sulk and throw hissy fits over the slightest racial situation or comment. Rage is in style. I think it's meant to cover up the failure. Racism is the big excuse for the failure. That and the "legacy of slavery" :roll: even though every civilization has had slavery and most of these problems (out of wedlock births, disproportionate crime rates, academic underachievement) started in the 1970s.
AvoidToTheCore

Re: I come from a race of ingrates

Postby phenproximo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm not entirely convinced that black people are out of the proverbial woods yet. Ever read "The New Jim Crow"? You might find it interesting.
The truth will set you free, but first it'll make you miserable.
phenproximo

Postby AvoidToTheCore » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:08 am

I gathered that the book is comparing discriminating against people because of their race alone to discriminating against people who have chosen to break the law.
AvoidToTheCore

Postby mackmall02 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:26 pm

AvoidToTheCore wrote:I hail from a race of ingrates, hail ingrates! I'm black American. I belong to an ungrateful group of people.

TV

Put on a Latin channel, no black people. Once in a while, a black person playing the role of a maid or a criminal. This is in spite of the fact that there are tons of black people in Latin America. Maybe not Mexico but certainly Cuba (45%) and Brazil (48%) and Panama (90%). In the US, black people are only 13% of the population, but they're on every channel, not just trashy shows like Maury but classy shows like Family Feud and MSNBC. There are three black channels, BET, TV One and something else. Plus Oprah, the world's richest woman, has OWN.

Politics

The president is a mulatto black and the first lady is fully black. There are black mayors and senators elected from white areas, such as Virginia's Douglas Wilder. There are black scholars galore like Cornel West and Henry Louis Gates, Jr. who get paid to whine. There are respectable ones too like Orlando Patterson and Thomas Sowell.

Sports

In Europe you have Hooligans throwing banana peels at soccer players. That never happens in the US. The black soccer players are respected just as much as the white ones. For this reason, I'm proud to call myself an American.

I could go on and on but you get the picture. The Civil Rights Movement is responsible for a huge change in the consciousness of the American people in the course of a single generation.

You would think black people would be jumping for joy, especially with all the resources and opportunities like affirmative action, but no. You would think they would insist on calling themselves simply American not African American. Instead they sulk and throw hissy fits over the slightest racial situation or comment. Rage is in style. I think it's meant to cover up the failure. Racism is the big excuse for the failure. That and the "legacy of slavery" :roll: even though every civilization has had slavery and most of these problems (out of wedlock births, disproportionate crime rates, academic underachievement) started in the 1970s

The overall problem with black Americans is their general nature and disposition. It's just different then whites and Asians in that blacks are light lighthearted and good-natured compared to whites and Asians who are very aggressive and hail from centuries of warfare, hardship, and fighting.

Whites were slaves here in American too, but the reason why using whites as slaves fell out of favor was due to the fact that whites constantly revolted and fought back so blacks were used exclusively because they simply allowed themselves to be slaves and never fought back or tried to leave in America en masse.

As far as a black person insisting on being called an American, and not Afro-American, that's just ridiculous. Why would a black person be proud to be an American? What did America ever do for blacks other then force them to work for free for over 400 years, rape their women, strip them from their African culture, imprison them, lynch them, and make them live and go to school completely separately away from whites?

America is a European civilization that was built up for the benefit of European people. And to this day, American blacks are locked into a zero sum game. It's time for American blacks to leave this country and build up Africa for African people otherwise the blacks who remain in this country will eventually reach the same dead end which is either: 1. Lifetime imprisonment 2. Dying from HIV/AIDS 3. Strung out on drugs 4. Chronic poverty 5. Victim of homicide.

Screw America, most Americans don't love/like blacks which is why they don't even live around them. Do you see Asian Americans hanging around blacks? No. Do you see white Americans intermarrying with blacks? No. But you will see lots of white/Asians getting married and hanging around each other with no problem.

And so what that people don't throw bananas at black athletes.... But do you know why people don't do that here in America? Because it's bad for business as whites make millions/billions of dollars off black athletes! There was a nice article that made waves a few years ago about how all the millions of dollars that black athletes generate for the colleges and coaching staff.

Anyhow, to be honest, I have much more respect for Russians because at least they openly state how they feel about other people where as here in America most are just closet racists.
mackmall02

Postby phenproximo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 pm

mackmall02 wrote:Whites were slaves here in American too, but the reason why using whites as slaves fell out of favor was due to the fact that whites constantly revolted and fought back so blacks were used exclusively because they simply allowed themselves to be slaves and never fought back or tried to leave in America en masse.

This is so, so wrong on so very many levels. It's exactly the sort of logic that was used to justify the whole "a black man is 3/5 of a human being" thing. Even a movie as flagrantly fantastical as Django Unchained takes the time to illustrate how distorted this is.

First of all, there WERE slave rebellions. Lots of 'em. Very few succeeded, because there was also a system of enforcement in place (you could almost call it "law enforcement") to brutally crush such rebellions. Ergo, rebellions must have posed some kind of a threat! Plus, just how the f**k were slaves supposed to centrally organize a massive rebellion across the entire South when they couldn't even leave the plantation without courting death? They weren't only punished/killed for attempted escapes, they were deliberately kept illiterate and isolated to their plantations in order to minimize any chance of them organizing en masse. Black people weren't OK with being slaves, they would just be tortured and killed in the most horrible ways imaginable if they dared to challenge the system. You yourself pointed this out - how can you possibly fail see the contradiction?

Also, to imply that black people who were born and raised in America should, essentially, resettle in Africa is stunningly ignorant (I'm not saying you're a racist, but just so you know, the white-power movement also takes that view). That's like me telling you (assuming you are born and bred in America) that you should move to Russia because your great-great grandfather was Russian. It's completely impractical and makes absolutely no sense.

P.S. Also, how exactly has America been built up for the benefit of Europeans? It was founded by Europeans acting for European interests, I'll give you that, but after the American Revolution...well, I'm not sure I follow your thinking here.
The truth will set you free, but first it'll make you miserable.
phenproximo

Postby AvoidToTheCore » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:53 am

The overall problem with black Americans is their general nature and disposition. It's just different then whites and Asians in that blacks are light lighthearted and good-natured compared to whites and Asians who are very aggressive and hail from centuries of warfare, hardship, and fighting.

Black women can be very aggressive and hostile. It's a well known "stereotype". Google "why are black women so". Asians tend to be more shy and passive.

Whites were slaves here in American too, but the reason why using whites as slaves fell out of favor was due to the fact that whites constantly revolted and fought back so blacks were used exclusively because they simply allowed themselves to be slaves and never fought back or tried to leave in America en masse.

No, the problem was that when whites ran away they disappeared into the free white population.

As far as a black person insisting on being called an American, and not Afro-American, that's just ridiculous. Why would a black person be proud to be an American? What did America ever do for blacks other then force them to work for free for over 400 years, rape their women, strip them from their African culture, imprison them, lynch them, and make them live and go to school completely separately away from whites?

Black people should be proud to call themselves American because America freed them from slavery that they would have endured in Africa. Africans traded slaves, hence the name Transatlantic Slave Trade, not slave capture. Slavery existed all over the world and was only called into the question in America due to the principles of The Declaration of Independence. Blacks were segregated to protect them from Klan violence. It was paternalism. According to Orlando Patterson, America is the least racist white majority society on the face of the Earth. You think the Middle East or Asia would take us over America? Be proud to be an American. Let go of the past!!

America is a European civilization that was built up for the benefit of European people. And to this day, American blacks are locked into a zero sum game. It's time for American blacks to leave this country and build up Africa for African people otherwise the blacks who remain in this country will eventually reach the same dead end which is either: 1. Lifetime imprisonment 2. Dying from HIV/AIDS 3. Strung out on drugs 4. Chronic poverty 5. Victim of homicide.

What are you talking about? I'm black and I'm not facing any of those fates. There are millions of successful black people in this country. There are very few successful black Hispanics. What makes you think Africa wants black Americans. Black Americans are despised in Africa. They're called "akata" or untamed animal even by my family. Nigerians don't even consider themselves black because of black Americans. Africa is a homophobic, sexually repressive, superstitious, and gossipy place filled with crooks. AIDS, and beggars.

Screw America, most Americans don't love/like blacks which is why they don't even live around them. Do you see Asian Americans hanging around blacks? No. Do you see white Americans intermarrying with blacks? No. But you will see lots of white/Asians getting married and hanging around each other with no problem.

That's rational discrimination or rational avoidance based on the premise that stereotypes are on average true. And besides, that's not always the case. There are black/white interracial couples and there are whites who will hang out with blacks. Once black people get our act together that will diminish.
AvoidToTheCore

Return to All Other Rants