One of the Few Metalheads in Town...

People at the theater, concerts, sports events ... etc.

One of the Few Metalheads in Town...

Postby TotalDesaster » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:25 am

You know what really pisses me off about living in this hick town? The fact that besides one or two other people I know, I'm the only metalhead. Everywhere I go, I see only hipsters, casuals, and other kinds of sheeple. I've tried to make friends with some of these people, but they're just plain ignorant of even the music that they listen to.

Because of the shitty music scene in my city, I can't land myself a band (I play instruments). Having no money to move out, I'm basically stuck in this shitty place.
TotalDesaster

Re: One of the Few Metalheads in Town...

Postby HumanityMustEnd » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:15 pm

I love metal and not 50, I'm 19( since non-metal fans think us metal lovers are old). Yeah, I don't see anymore metalheads, rockers or just anyone who trully loves that kind of music anymore. What a shame. I bet the USA has infected people in other countries with its shitty taste in music.
HumanityMustEnd

Postby Breezeblocks » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:14 am

I'm a metal head and I won't say my age but, I'm pretty young. I love metal, what I don't like is other aggressive metal fans that get so angry when they find out you like a different kind of metal, I can't stand those people. I think the reason fans of other genres get so scared off by it is because they don't understand it and they refuse to even try to, which is why metal is so underrated, I'm the only one in my school that listens to it besides one of my teachers.
Breezeblocks

Postby 4649goroawase » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Love your screen name man! I actually have a big destruction logo sewn over the back of my jacket haha
I know what you mean though. Metal is art to me, one of the most provocative and revolutionary art forms in existence. People nowadays are interested in too many things with hardly any artistic value, hardly any human expression.
4649goroawase

Postby cartmanland » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:30 am

So anyone who is not a metalhead is sheeple? What is this cult-like behaviour? Metal is the only right thing ever for you, isn't it? I assume dressing in metal attire is also the only correct way to dress, according to you?

I once had a friend who thought that way. Being in his presence was unbearable. Metal was the only thing he knew and accepted. He looked down upon everything else. And not just metal in general but a specific genre and specific non-sellout bands. Anyway, not friends anymore because of that.

I agree, metal is an artform. But it's not the only artform out there. It would be nice if metalheads could accept that and not be so smug about metal.
cartmanland

Postby Cloudcuckoolander » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:17 pm

So anyone who is not a metalhead is sheeple? What is this cult-like behaviour? Metal is the only right thing ever for you, isn't it? I assume dressing in metal attire is also the only correct way to dress, according to you?

I once had a friend who thought that way. Being in his presence was unbearable. Metal was the only thing he knew and accepted. He looked down upon everything else. And not just metal in general but a specific genre and specific non-sellout bands. Anyway, not friends anymore because of that.

I agree, metal is an artform. But it's not the only artform out there. It would be nice if metalheads could accept that and not be so smug about metal.

do you know a brazilian band called Massacration? they have many parody songs about this "metal supremacist" attitude. i'll live a link here, but it may be difficult to understand the lyrics because they sing in a mix of portuguese and deliberately bad english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFN7-7kZr9U
Cloudcuckoolander

Postby cartmanland » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:24 pm

While watching I was wondering whether it's an old video or they're just parodying classic metal. Turned out to be a 2000s song. Good job recreating that classic metal sound though, and vocals. And a good piece of satire of course.
cartmanland

Postby Metalgirl1313 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:37 pm

I feel the same way. I live in a big rude city though, Toronto, Canada. Metal here is unpopular. It is like 100 million hipsters, d-bag, rude orange guys, stuck up rude orange girls (I'd categorize these guys and girls as Jersey Shore) gangster swag losers, I can keep going on.
I've never fit in a group or had any friends and was always bullied for liking metal. People called me "satanic, weird, scary, albino" (cause I am pale with light blonde hair and everyone told me to get a fake tan) only have one metal guy (my boyfriend) but I always wanted a band too, a group of metalhead friends as well lol
When I go to concerts I finally feel like I belong, most of the people come from the other cities though, it is still quite small compared to concerts like in Europe
I guess that is why we tend to avoid non metalheads because these people can be very rude to us. We are very nice, normal people but they tend to think that we are weird even by not even knowing a thing about us. I've had people ignore me and insult me for no reason just because I like different music, wear black and metal shirts, etc. If anyone who isn't a metalhead and is nice to me though it is so rare but I will like them, a nice person is a nice person :p
Metalgirl1313

Postby Metal_Reaper666 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:17 pm

My metal scene near me is pretty active. Being in a metal concert is like the only place that i belong at. Anywhere else, i feel that i don't fit in. I like wearing black metal bands shirts and other stuff because i find that more appealing than what everyone else is wearing. I can't stand what hipsters, gangster wannabes, tools and close-minded people do and wear because i don't want nothing to do with them. One time in college, this one non-metalhead girl, treated me like crap and saying that metal this and that stereotypes. I was at that point of just walking away instead of conflicting her because it's a waste of time and it's not worth it.
Metal_Reaper666

Postby TotalDesaster » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 am

Any metalheads reading this should come check out Forces of Steel. Great forum for true metal.
TotalDesaster

Return to Entertainment