If people are dying left and right...

All other rants about why you hate people.

If people are dying left and right...

Postby dr. misanthrope » Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Then how does the world now have some 7.5 billion people?

We are always told about terrorism this, starvation that, natural disaster this, cancer that, etc. etc. We are always told we should be "saving humanity" or contributing to this fund or that cause.

I will not do that! That is a betrayal of my ideology, in which I affirm both life and death. Death is actually needed, if you think about it. If all the humans of the past 6000 years, or choose your number, did not die, there would no room on this planet for you and I.
dr. misanthrope

Re: If people are dying left and right...

Postby cartmanland » Sun May 21, 2017 3:27 am

I think the problem is not people dying, but how people are dying.

People preaching these things ('save humanity' etc.) are often the ones inflicting the damage. Like the US and EU governments for example, they're fighting terrorism by.... get this.... training, arming and funding terrorists. It's not a figure of speech, they're literally doing it.

And no one gives a f**k about starvation, because there's nothing to be gained from stopping it.
cartmanland

Re: If people are dying left and right...

Postby alpha480v » Mon May 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Well the biggest reason is the advancement of science.

Some Diseases that were killers years ago now are mere inconveniences.

Science has also increased the yields of food crops many times what they were.

The world will need another Bubonic Plague type epidemic to cut down on the mouths to feed. I thought that Bird Flu a couple of years back might be the next mass epidemic but it kind of fizzled out.

Science and technology are a two edged sword. Great for human kind, but bad for the planet in the long run. Too many people on the earth.
alpha480v

Return to All Other Rants