Human population

All other rants about why you hate people.

Human population

Postby dr. misanthrope » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:12 am

I don't want everyone living on this planet to die. But, regardless of what I think, our mortality is 100 percent. Anybody who says otherwise is dishonest.

I would be perfectly comfortable with 4 billion or more people dying rapidly in the years ahead. I think a population reduction to something like 3 billion is needed now, and later it can go further to 1-2 billion.

Why do I say this? Am I some sort of monster? No, it's just that I value the earth, other creatures, and indeed the future. Think about it. If the population keeps increasing and we keep using up resources, there will be nothing left for anybody in the future, even as we pat ourselves on the back and proclaim how advanced we are.

I don't even have kids. Those of you with kids, you should have an even stronger opinion on this. You should want a stable ecosystem and future for your children.
dr. misanthrope

Re: Human population

Postby DiamondsInTheSky » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:07 pm

dr. misanthrope wrote:I don't want everyone living on this planet to die. But, regardless of what I think, our mortality is 100 percent. Anybody who says otherwise is dishonest.

I would be perfectly comfortable with 4 billion or more people dying rapidly in the years ahead. I think a population reduction to something like 3 billion is needed now, and later it can go further to 1-2 billion.

Why do I say this? Am I some sort of monster? No, it's just that I value the earth, other creatures, and indeed the future. Think about it. If the population keeps increasing and we keep using up resources, there will be nothing left for anybody in the future, even as we pat ourselves on the back and proclaim how advanced we are.

I don't even have kids. Those of you with kids, you should have an even stronger opinion on this. You should want a stable ecosystem and future for your children.

That would involve thinking, and sadly many people who breed, don't do it.
DiamondsInTheSky

Re: Human population

Postby archangele66 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:58 pm

I have been saying this for years. It is already to the point where there are not enough resources to
give the people now here the basics they need to sustain life. Food, clean water and even clean air in
many places are hard too come by. I have an ugly feeling nature will take it's course and eliminate a huge percentage of
the present population through disease. In fact, super bugs are already killing people. Diseases
that do not respond to any known treatment. Humans are causing daily extinctions of other species, polluting every
water shed and idiots are finding ever more creative ways to screw up the environment.
It can't go on forever. Something has to break.
archangele66

Return to All Other Rants