World has gone to hell

All other rants about why you hate people.

World has gone to hell

Postby dr. misanthrope » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:16 am

I'm 36 year old, but I feel like an 80 year old curmudgeon.

I do not hate anybody who recognizes these things. In fact, I like you better than most people as you have some insight.

I cannot emphasize enough, the world has gone to complete hell. The situation is really, really bad, folks. As an analogy, if you were on board the Titanic, it would be wrong to lie and say everything was fine. The correct action is to recognize the ship is sinking, and head for the lifeboats and try to save who you can.

We are exhausting hundreds of millions of years of resources, all in order to produce an endless array of bullsh!t, entertainment, and mass produced junk that is obsolete the moment you buy it, and to make a few oligarchs wealthier than 99.9999999% of everyone who has ever lived. And this is taking place everywhere on the planet. The point of no return was at least 15 years ago if not decades ago.

Our money is completely corrupt, the world is saddled with debts that will never be repayed. Every single year some 131 million mouths to feed are added to the population of some 7.4 billion. Every single year some 60 million cars are produced. The climate is now changing rapidly, and large numbers of species are going extinct.

We are on an express train with one track, headed off the cliff. And it's the specific policy of those who control the train to take us there. We screwed up big time, folks. I am not kidding, this is actually taking place. We are destroying all other life, we are destroying the planet, we are using up resources as though nobody will even be around in 30, 40 years. And billions and billions of people think this is completely normal.

My message is to live the life you want, and I wouldn't argue with anyone preparing in their own way for the end. The system is going to collapse. I don't know when, but I doubt we will last a few more decades. And when the collapse begins, it will be the most momentous, all-encompassing collapse in history. The entire money system of the world will die, global trade will come to a halt, there will be permanent economic depression and a mass die off will begin with the countries of the world going to war with each other.

This is actually going to happen. You are reading correctly, and no, I don't apologize because it's the truth, and we should no longer be afraid to say it.
dr. misanthrope

Re: World has gone to hell

Postby cartmanland » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:42 pm

I kind of disagree. I agree that the way the human world is currently ran is doomed to bring things to a slow but surely catastrophic end. But I disagree that it's going to happen in our lifetime and I also strongly disagree that things could have been different. I think given laws of nature, things are exactly as they should be. I believe the way people live their lives and consume natural resources is in itself a natural process. But most importantly I don't care. I have no sympathy for this planet whatsoever. Nature is BS and I would love to see the end of the world in my lifetime, but like I said, I don't think it's going to happen soon.
cartmanland

Postby pleasedie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:54 am

I agree OP. The world is over populated and resources are dwindling. Yet people still feel a level of entitlement that doesn't reflect the reality of the situation.
As you said there will come a rude awakening and it won't be before time.
pleasedie

Postby alpha480v » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:26 pm

I agree with the original poster. Things are worse now than in any time that I can remember in my adult life.
alpha480v

Postby WIHP » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:51 pm

alpha480v wrote:I agree with the original poster. Things are worse now than in any time that I can remember in my adult life.

We say that and yet, how many of us paid any real attention to world events when we were young? Maybe it was just me. I was born in the 60's and the 80's were my heyday and at the time everything was great! I didn't care about politics because it didn't directly affect me. It wasn't until I was older that I understood what was going on, but now that it does affect my life it all seems so much shittier.
~ There is a little truth in all humor.
WIHP
Site Admin

Return to All Other Rants