Are people being bigger arseholes than ever lately?

Coworkers, the boss ...

Re: Are people being bigger arseholes than ever lately?

Postby Grumpybeyondbelief » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:38 pm

This is one thing that appeals to me about America.
It is part of your culture to respect the privacy of others, else you are likely to get your head blown off, which appears to happen often.

In Britain people have no boundaries, no respect for people's privacy or concept of personal space. I have no doubt whatsoever that if people in the US behaved as they do in the UK, they would die quite quickly.
Here it's quite routine for example to be hassled in the street or on public transport by oddballs. I bet this happens less in America, because people are armed to the teeth.

archangele66 wrote:
Mr. Grumpy wrote:[

I have been having fantasies about buying an isolated property in the country, with a significant amount of acreage between the house and the property boundary. Perhaps in another 20 years when the kids have grown up and moved away...

5 - 20 acres is good. Also, in many areas you can keep it full of trees and get tax exemptions and such.
I also have a small shooting range on my property and take out the occasional black powder rifle
and pistol as well as my .22 and a few much heavier caliber rifles. You'd be surprised how people really
avoid my place. What is funny is I only target shoot. Don't like hunting or killing things. But others
don't know that and between the occasional sound of gun fire and the look of all those trees and such,
no one sets foot on the property. Pretty cool! But you can not do this in all states. I'm in the south and
things are a bit looser then in a place like California or the North East. In some areas they would expect you to clear the entire lot, mow it and such. You have to move out into unincorporated areas. I am outside any city, town or village
limits. This helps a lot.
Grumpybeyondbelief

Postby DiamondsInTheSky » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:43 am

Grumpybeyondbelief wrote:This is one thing that appeals to me about America.
It is part of your culture to respect the privacy of others, else you are likely to get your head blown off, which appears to happen often.

In Britain people have no boundaries, no respect for people's privacy or concept of personal space. I have no doubt whatsoever that if people in the US behaved as they do in the UK, they would die quite quickly.
Here it's quite routine for example to be hassled in the street or on public transport by oddballs. I bet this happens less in America, because people are armed to the teeth.

archangele66 wrote:
Mr. Grumpy wrote:[

I have been having fantasies about buying an isolated property in the country, with a significant amount of acreage between the house and the property boundary. Perhaps in another 20 years when the kids have grown up and moved away...

5 - 20 acres is good. Also, in many areas you can keep it full of trees and get tax exemptions and such.
I also have a small shooting range on my property and take out the occasional black powder rifle
and pistol as well as my .22 and a few much heavier caliber rifles. You'd be surprised how people really
avoid my place. What is funny is I only target shoot. Don't like hunting or killing things. But others
don't know that and between the occasional sound of gun fire and the look of all those trees and such,
no one sets foot on the property. Pretty cool! But you can not do this in all states. I'm in the south and
things are a bit looser then in a place like California or the North East. In some areas they would expect you to clear the entire lot, mow it and such. You have to move out into unincorporated areas. I am outside any city, town or village
limits. This helps a lot.

Oh trust me there are plenty of people who act that way here. Of course some do get shot or attacked for it, but not nearly at the rate they deserve.
DiamondsInTheSky

Postby jacqueline_hyde » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:45 am

Americans are a bunch of busy bodied, narcissistic, stupid, petty, pieces of shit.

Everyone in competition with each other because it's beatin' into us that our value in life is dependent on what material bullsh!t we have.
jacqueline_hyde

Postby Fantasylife » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:19 pm

jacqueline_hyde wrote:Everyone in competition with each other because it's beatin' into us that our value in life is dependent on what material bullsh!t we have.

Indeed. A guy in a smart suit, massive house, flash car and a big bank account is treated as a god, even if he's an immoral scumbag, but a guy with an apartment, low paying job and an old rusty car is labelled 'loser' 'failure' etc. even if he's a cool guy to hang out with. Humans are shallow and pathetic.
The sooner mankind is extinct
The better!
Fantasylife

Previous

Return to In The Workplace