Tailgaters

Drivers, construction workers ...

Re: Tailgaters

Postby NZ Misanthrope » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:28 pm

How I deal with arsehole tailgaters:

1. Check the rear-view mirror: does the tailgater look dangerous and likely to harm you?

1.a. If yes, then pull over and let them pass. You don't want to get in the way of a violent animal. It's not worth it.
1.b. If no, then break every 5 seconds and watch the hilarious reactions from the mirror.

I got this one "lady" riled up a few weeks ago and she was flailing her arms about like a crazed gorilla. :D I don't even know how she kept control of her vehicle with her arms moving around like that...
Misanthrope, Loner, Adventurer.
NZ Misanthrope

Postby archangele66 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:25 pm

I am to the point where I just slow down and let them pass. I generally drive at the posted speed limit and if someone wants to pass they can.
If they get aggressive or threatening, I carry a S&W model 29 with armor piercing rounds.. Just in case. I am just plain tired of dealing with arsehole and
I refuse to be a victim. I have only had to produce the S&W twice due to some jerk trying to get me to roll down my window at a stop light. It is amazing
how quickly they see the error of their ways when looking down a 6 5/8" .44 barrel. In the state where I live, your vehicle is considered an extension of your house and if someone is trying to force entry you can defend yourself with force, up to and including deadly force if the situation gets that bad. Myself, I always drive right unless passing on a 4 lane and I do the speed limit or a little more on 2 lane roads and maintain a constant speed. I learned the 'two second rule' of following other vehicles way back.
I don't have the money or time to deal with 'accidents'. And, most accidents are caused by tailgating, speeding and distracted driving. So, there really is no such thing as an 'accident'. they are ALL the product of gross negligence. Tailgating is gross negligence in my book. There is not much else I can do to appease other drivers. Some drivers
are just plain arsehole behind the wheel. It is funny. Many of these real arsehole drivers are the nicest people you would ever want to meet as long as they are not behind the wheel. Go figure.
archangele66

Postby DiamondsInTheSky » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 pm

I just got rear-ended again last week at 5:30 in the friggin' morning. I'm clinging to my very-reliable car for dear life and arsehole won't stop hitting it! :Club:
DiamondsInTheSky

Previous

Return to The Road