Members of the public talking to you

Loud talkers, telemarketers, mumblers ... etc.

Members of the public talking to you

Postby TheTeflonK1ng » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:24 am

Is it just me or do others get wound up by random members of the public who decide to talk to you. I was sat rather happily outside a cafe yesterday when a random came by and complimented me on my bicycle. No problems there I thought to myself until he decided it was clearly OK to start questioning me about every single aspect of it. He clearly did not get the message that I was not interested in having any kind of discourse with him and bar me losing my frigging shit, how on earth do you end it. Maybe i'm just a real grumpy old bass turd, but I find it completely unnecessary.
TheTeflonK1ng

Re: Members of the public talking to you

Postby pleasedie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:34 pm

I also hate random strangers talking to me. I had this fella a few weeks back, see the promotional picture of the Amir Khan v Saul Alvarez fight in the paper I was reading. He then proceeds to ask some inane questions about the fighters and the fight. It's only when he offered an opinion that I realised he wasn't interested in the bout and had used the topic as a pretext for something else.
It made me angry and I offered curt answers then ignored him. He soon got the message and left me alone.
pleasedie

Postby Grumpybeyondbelief » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:56 am

Yes, it's very annoying.
I used to enjoy going to a small local park to sit in on my lunchbreak. It's nice & quiet and full of friendly squirrels which
I could feed nuts to from my hand.
However I had to stop going for exactly the reason you gave.

Some busy body always came and sat either on the same bench or on one opposite. Either they tried speaking to me about
some inane topic like football or they would sit and stare across at me, which made me feel uncomfortable.

It's like people have no self-awareness whatsoever. Can they not see that you are happy sat alone and are specifically
there for that reason?
Grumpybeyondbelief

Postby TheTeflonK1ng » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:48 am

That sounds like a perfect way to spend a lunch break mate.
TheTeflonK1ng

Postby bence9200000000 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:49 am

I was sitting on the subway going home reading news on my phone and a guy sat next to me asking what am I reading? I told him what because I didn't want to be rude, and he started talking about the topic which was politics and asking me what do I think about this article and politics. It was really weird!!!
There are numbers of things that are bothering me with this 'accident'.
bence9200000000

Postby Grumpybeyondbelief » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Other men always try and talk to me about football. I live in Manchester and all the dimwitted sheeple here are obsessed with it and assume everyone else is.
Are you blue or red? Man City or United?

I mean, what are you supposed to say to that? Firstly I'm not interested in football, it's sh1t and secondly I don't appreciate some weirdo I don't know trying to make inane conversation with me.
What possesses people to just walk up to someone they don't know and make ridiculous conversation? How about minding your own business?

bence9200000000 wrote:I was sitting on the subway going home reading news on my phone and a guy sat next to me asking what am I reading? I told him what because I didn't want to be rude, and he started talking about the topic which was politics and asking me what do I think about this article and politics. It was really weird!!!
There are numbers of things that are bothering me with this 'accident'.
Grumpybeyondbelief

Postby On Black Wings » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 am

Ugh. I hate waiting rooms so much. People are always either trying to talk to me while my nose is in my phone or book, or I have to listen to their dumb conversations. :Club:

bence9200000000 wrote:he started talking about the topic which was politics and asking me what do I think about this article and politics.

Oh, HAAAEEEEL NO!!!
On Black Wings

Return to Communication